To teach and sincerely live a transforming lifestyle dedicated to the radical Good News about God's wonderful kindness and grace in supernatural power, passionate love and synergistic unity from our hearts until this region, and eventually the whole world, loves Jesus the way that He loves them.
The Mission of Beloved Church is
The "BELOVED" Idea
Beloved Community Statement of Faith
1. One True God - God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent I AM, the Creator of all life, and Redeemer of mankind who is infinitely perfect, wise and powerful; manifested as Father (Jehovah), Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.
(Isaiah 43:11, Luke 3:33, Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-4)
2. The Inspired Scriptures - The entire bible, Old and New Testaments, are a completed and infallible work called the Word of God. This work contains a completed revelation of God for mankind and the final authority for all Christian faith and practice.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17, Psalm 19:7-11)
3. The Deity of Jesus Christ - The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God and shares the deity of God. He is also truly man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, crucified on a cross as the sacrifice for all sin, was raised from the dead on the third day, ascended into Heaven, and is presently at the right hand on the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
(Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 7:21-8:2)
4. Original Sin and the Fall of Man - Man was created perfectly in the image of God, but disobeyed and fell from the plan of God. From the fall, sin entered into the creation and brought death by sin causing not only physical sickness and death, but also spiritual death and separation, creating a need in every person for a Savior. All persons are born into sin because of Adam, not because of their own sin and therefore require Salvation irrespective of their own good or bad behaviors.
(Romans 3:23, Romans 5:11-21)
5. Salvation by Faith - Man sins due to his inborn sinful nature. Only through the payment of the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His defeat of death, hell and the grave do we enter into a salvation position with God. This salvation and eternal life, provided as a free gift from the grace of God, can only be obtained by exercising faith in the person and completed work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9-10)
6. Born Again - If any person be in Christ they become a new creation of God in the "hidden man of the heart". We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus. We are also partakers of the same divine nature that Jesus has.
(John 3:3-6, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:10, 1 Peter 3:4, 2 Peter 1:4)
7. Baptism in the Holy Spirit - The baptism (complete immersion) of the Holy Spirit is to glorify Jesus Christ and to indwell, guide and empower believers for life, service and relationship with God. This baptism brings the gifts or enablement of the Holy Spirit and their uses to the forefront of the ministry to the Church and world. This experience is distinctly different from and subsequent to the New Birth of salvation and is commonly evidenced by the initial sign of "speaking in tongues" as the Spirit of God gives utterance.
(Acts 1-4, 1 Corinthians 14, Mark 16:17-18)
8. Divine Healing and Complete Wholeness - The redemption provided by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ includes a completed form of salvation going beyond forgiveness of sins and avoiding Hell. Jesus' work in life and death was a complete form of redemption from all forms of evil and misery brought about by sin including completed healing, prosperity and a sound mind. This work covers all the parts of mankind (Spirit, Soul and Body) and is an integral part of the Gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ.
(Acts 10:38, 1 Peter 2:24, Matthew 8:17, Galatians 3:13, Isaiah 53:4-5, 2 Corinthians 8:9, 2 Timothy 1:7)
9. The Church or Body of Christ - The true church is the joining together of all believers by the Spirit of Christ resident inside every member. We all have the same foundation commission and ministry of reconciliation to the world and each other.
(Romans 8:9, Ephesians 1:22-23, 2 Corinthians 5:18)
10. The Sacraments of the Church:
Baptism in Water - All who believe in Christ Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior are commanded to be immersed in water demonstrating and declaring that they have identified with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
(Mark 16:16, Acts 10:47-48)
The Lord's Supper - Communion is a symbolic expression of our sharing the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ, as well as a memorial of His suffering and payment in death. It is a covenant meal sealing His commitment to us and our commitment to Him.
(2 Peter 1:4, Luke 22:17-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-31)
11. Resurrection of the Saints - One day coming, the entire Body of Christ will be caught up together to meet the Lord at His returning to establish His eternal kingdom on Earth, and so shall we be forever together with Him in newness of life.
(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, Matthew 22:32, 1 Corinthians 15:41-54, 2 Corinthians 4:14)
12. The Final Judgement - There will be a day when all men will be judged for their entrance into their eternal destination. For those who have accepted the Lordship of Jesus Christ they will be judged worthy to receive glory and honor from God the Father because of the righteousness inherited from Jesus and then enter eternally into a place prepared for them in the New Jerusalem. The wicked who have rejected Jesus by deed and word will be judged according to every unrighteous act and sentenced to Hell or the "Lake of Fire" for eternal and unimaginable torment, forever separated from God.
(Revelation 20 and 21, Luke 9:43-49, Matthew 12:36)
(NOTE: It is difficult to tell all we believe in 12 paragraphs but we make this statement of faith available to those who ask for one so they will know we are Bible-believing Christians. We appreciate your interest in growing in the things of the Lord with us. If there are unanswered questions remaining then feel free to attend services with us and most likely you will hear our heart and doctrine clearly.)